Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Cookies, cookies, cookies!
Since when did making cookies become such a long and tedious process? I decided to continue my "tradition" of making frosted sugar cookies for holidays by making star cookies for the 4th of July. I could just buy pre-made dough and pre-made frosting....but no, I have to make it all from scratch! They just taste better! So last night I mixed up a double batch of my favorite sugar cookie recipe. Even after chilling overnight, the dough remained too soft today. I could have made it work, but my stars would have been blobs! I solved this dilemma by rolling out the dough onto flour coated wax paper then piling the rolled out sheets of dough into the freezer for a few hours. Once they were good and frozen, I started cutting out the stars and baking them. I had a little help from some kiddos in the house, so flour and dough was flying everywhere! In the end, my double batch of dough yielded 101 cookies, 21 of them being mini stars I made for layering. Tomorrow will be "frosting" day! All 3 boys I nanny for want to help frost, so I am looking forward to a sugary red, white and blue filled day! Cookie recipe and pictures of our stars to follow in a few days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment