Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow, Snow and More Snow!


I have come to the conclusion that I would not have made a good Laura Ingalls Wilder.

After receiving a dumping of around 30 inches of snow, life as we know it here in Northern Virginia has come to an end. School was cancelled for the entire week. Stores are closed. Roads are plowed, but not very well. All activity has just....stopped. With the exception of a quick trip to the chiropractor (essential after shoveling!) and a walk around the neighborhood, I have not left the house in 6 days. I am stir-crazy. Henceforth the above mentioned conclusion. Unlike some of our fellow snow victims, we did not lose power during this snow dumping or blizzard-ish windy conditions. We had TV, internet, Glee, movies and other things to keep us entertained and semi-sane, but at times, the boredom set in. How did Laura Ingalls Wilder and her family keep from losing their minds?
Anyways, enough rambling....Here are some pictures of the neighborhood here in Snowchester, Virginia!
Anyone up for a swim?
Doesn't this car look like it is smiling?

Want to playtrucks?

There is a car in there....somewhere...


The snow was too deep to lay down and do Snow Angels, so we had to resort to standing Snow Angels....they did not work so well.



1 comment:

jackie said...

Okay, so are those full size trucks? And I sstill want to do some standing up snow angels. I am jealous.