Tuesday, March 9, 2010

So Oscar Night 2010 was filled with the usual glitz and glamour. Overall, my predictions were not too far off. I ended the night with predicting 17 out of 24 correctly. Below are the categories I missed:

Animated Short Film - "Logorama" won over my predicted "A Matter of Loaf and Death"
Best Documentary Short - "Music by Prudence" was the winner. My prediction was "The Last Truck: Closing of a GM Plant"
Best Adapted Screenplay - Every article I had read heading into the night predicted "Up in the Air" as the winner for the category, so I followed suit. Imagine my shock when "Precious" was the winner!
Sound Editing and Sound Mixing - I had predicted "Avatar" for both categories but "The Hurt Locker" won them both
Cinematography - My prediction: "The Hurt Locker" Winner: "Avatar"
Foreign Film - "The Secret in Their Eyes" won over my predicted "The White Ribbon"

No comments: