We have had a few days of 70 degree weather here in beautiful Virginia, which makes me long for the official arrival of spring.....and with it, a lovely little thing called baseball. I love baseball. So, in the spirit of getting ready for the season, I have compiled a list of some of my favorite things about baseball. Here they are, in no particular order:
- The Minnesota Twins
- Walk off wins
- Lights out closers - especially Joe Nathan and Mariano Rivera
- Opening Day
- Four words: "Pitchers and Catchers Report"
- Outdoor baseball
- Sunday, October 1st, 2006 - Read more here
- Ballpark music
- Pinch Hit Homeruns
- Joe Mauer's swing
- The crack of the bat
- Jim Souhan and other great baseball writers
- Triples
- Curtain Calls
- The legends and history of baseball and the great moments that will be replayed forever
- Lou Gehrig's farewell speech
- Being in 1st place
- Triple plays - and getting to see one in person!
- Infield diving plays and outfield acrobatics
- Around the horn double plays
- Throws from the outfield that gun down an advancing runner
- Nose to nose manager/umpire arguments
- Sharing the passion for baseball with my siblings
More to come another day....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I agree with numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7- ok all of them.
I have to add:
Hearing John Gordon say "Minnesota Twins' baseball is on the air"
Dapping in the dugout
Full stadium chants - "MVP" "Yankees suck" etc
I agree with your additions. I am not done with the list yet and plan to do another entry with more. There are just so many things to write! :)
Post a Comment