Monday, March 2, 2009

Yeah...I'll have a venti, quadruple shot, 90 pound dog

The family I nanny for (Kevin, Angel and 3 boys) have a lovely centerpiece on their kitchen table. It is a glass vase filled with yummy smelling coffee beans. A few weeks ago, this vase was moved off the table when Kevin gave Angel the most incredible bouquet of flowers for their anniversary. The coffee bean-filled vase was put on the floor in a corner of the dining room and somewhat forgotten about. Now one thing I failed to mention earlier was that my employer family also has 2 dogs. A Cairn Terrier (Dallas) and a Black Lab/German Shepherd/Rottweiler mix (Sandy). A few days after the flowers kicked the coffee beans off the table, we noticed that Sandy was acting a bit odd. She would not lay down or stay still for more than 30 seconds and would pace throughout the house, whining and barking and freaking out over everything. She is still a puppy, so this is not super out of the ordinary, but when you have a 90 pound dog loping throughout the house all day long, you get a little worn out! This went on for a couple of days before I finally caught this giant puppy enjoying a little snack of coffee beans in the dining room. Luckily she did not appear to eat too many as coffee beans can be toxic for dogs! The reason I bring this up is that today, Sandy was acting much the same as she was during her dosing up period, yet the coffee beans are once again out of reach. Maybe she stashed some beans somewhere....Thoughts?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is just Doggie-detox